How to Extend an EBS Volume
Sometimes you just run out of space. Here’s a short list of tasks to increase the storage size of your EC2 instance and get your instance up and running again quickly.
- Log into the AWS Management Console and select the EC2 service.
- Click on the instance you want to extend the EBS volume for.
- Under the Storage tab, click on the Volume ID for the EBS volume you want to modify.
- Click on the “Actions” drop-down menu and select “Modify Volume”.
- Enter the new size of the volume in GiB.
- Click “Modify” to confirm the changes.
- Once the modification is complete, log into the instance via SSH and run the command “sudo resize2fs /dev/xvda1” to extend the file system to the new size.
- Verify that the new size is reflected by running the command
Still unsure? Contact us and we can do the work for you.Contact Lillibolero